Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Layout and a place to get messy!!!

Hi all, today I am sharing a layout and the first two pages in an art journal I started.

First, the layout.  This is my Nephew Eric at work.  Pretty simple but I like the way it turned out.  I have to say I am in love with those little bows (see them at the tops of the four tags?).  They were cut on my cricut from the CTMH cartridge.  I just discovered them and I see alot more uses for them in my future.  :)


I have come to the conclusion that sometimes I like to go to my scrap room and just play.  I love to get messy with mists, paints, gesso, stencils, ink and whatever else I can find but I don't like how scrapbook pages turn out with all the stuff on them so I decided to use an art journal.  Somewhere where I can see how things work, what happens when I mix things up, etc. and then put it all away and go back to my very clean scrapping style, ha ha.  So, with all that said, here are two pages from my Art journal I thought I would share.  (Remember, I warned you....they are a MESS)




5 comments:

  1. WOW! These are great! I love all the journaling spots and arrow and the Observation art is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your art journal pages, getting messy can be a great stress reliever too! I'm so glad you are part of our group!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art is Messy-- love it!!! Great page too, with all the tags & bows. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being mindfully messy is always a good thing - glad you decided to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think being artsy is for me, it definitely looks fun & messy. Love the little bows on your page, I will have to look them up and use them for sure.

    ReplyDelete