Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Few Cards

Thought I would show off a few cards I made for a card swap over at OSU. For someone who is just starting to get into card making, I really like how they turned out. I have gotten hooked on all the stamps and stuff from Close To My Heart and have found that I just don't use the stamps enough in my scrapbooking layouts so figured I better start making cards so I could "justify" buying all those cute stamps!!

This first card is one I came up with all on my own. Colored in the flower stamp with water color pencils and used diamond glaze to make the centers kind of "pop". I got the idea for this second card straight out of the CTMH catalogue. Stamped the flowers directly on the tag and then stamped them a second time on a seperate piece of card stock, cut them out and used pop dots for the 3-d effect.
This last card was a lift from a card that our CTMH Consultant Lisa made, I love it sooooo much that I had to make some. Pretty simple, punched from butterflies using a Martha Stewart punch, used stickles on the bodies and used a border punch along the bottom....easy peasy!!




5 comments:

  1. Love your version of the butterfly card! It turned out great! *Ü* I also love the other card. I have been wanting to make one too. You have inspired me to get out my supplies and do it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are BEAUTIFUL! I wish I had participated in that swap - just didn't have the time and I didn't want to flake.
    Yours came out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous!! Makes me wish I had joined in the fun!! Great job girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh pretty! Glad I've joined the swap :)

    ReplyDelete