Monday, January 18, 2016

New Year, New Goals, New Layouts!

My scrapping got somewhat pushed aside last year so I have started this new year with a bang.  Set a pretty big layout goal this year and I intend to complete it :)
That being said, here are the layouts I have completed so far.  I am trying to use my Cricut more and more and am finding the more I use it the easier it gets and am finding some pretty cool images and fonts I really like.  Also, before I start any layout I am digging thru my stash and trying to use up bits and pieces that I have hoarded for years.



On this layout I decided to try and use one of those project life cards (my mom and I have a ton of them)  I used one on the left side of this layout and just added names and a date to it.

This one is still lacking something, I just can't figure out what so after looking at it for 3 or 4 days just decided to call it done and move on, lol

I think this one is a personal favorite.  I threw all kinds of embellishments on it and I have to say I really like how it turned out.

Used up some really old bling and chipboard pieces on this one.  Also had fun with my cricut cutting the graduation embellishments.

This layouts was sooooo easy I feel like I cheated!  Used a pre-done layout from the Close to my Heart Artbooking cartridge on my Cricut, added a few wood embellishments I colored with my Spectrum Noir pens and that was about it.

I usually have a hard time with two page layouts but this one came together pretty quick.  I used a sketch I found on Cheryl Even's blog.

This last one was fun and easy (I like that)  Used some black paint on the two corners, layered a bunch of project life cards behind my picture and stuck on some letter stickers for my Grandson's names and the date.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good - I don't think there is a problem with lifting ideas or using a pre made layout plan from the cartridge.

    Using up project life or other journalling cards on pages is always tricky - Get It Scrapped just had a class on doing that which was very inspiring. http://debbiehodge.com/2015/09/how-to-make-easy-scrapbook-pages-make-quick-blocked-design-with-pocket-cards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages, but even better I like your new goals for 2016. I need some more practice on my Cricut. I love all the designs you used on your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoarding is a huge issue here too. I'm trying to use up stash and not buy as much. I'm doing better than I did in 2014. Hee hee.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog. I've missed your pretty face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropped by from Missus Wookies'. This is a lovely collection of layouts - kudos on using up older supplies. I too need to use my Cricut more. Your scrap space looks lovely - so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to scraplift when I'm stuck. I don't think there's a thing wrong with it or with using page kits. Sometimes we just need to get pictures into albums!

    I love that very last LO.

    ReplyDelete