Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pink, Pink and more Pink!!

I did this layout to enter into the Frosted Designs February Kit Challenge.  Went WAY OUT of my clean and linear box and created this layout of my Mom.  I used two colors of distress ink, the color pink (everywhere, lol) and wood veneer.  Believe it or not the flowers were white when I started and the little hearts and the word cherish were wood veneer pieces, I colored them all with the distress inks from the kit.  I really like how it turned out.

And since I was already pretty messy...I did a page in my art journal before I cleaned up.  Pretty simple page but I learned a few important things I thought I would share in case any of you are in the learning process like me:

1.  Let each layer dry THOROUGHLY before you go on to the next one.  This step is not for people like me that want to "get 'er done"!
2.  What you think is a huge mistake and you are trying to figure out how to rip the page out of your book without the whole thing coming apart, DON'T, it CAN be covered up!!
3.  Do not attempt to draw a tree like "Sandy" does because she makes it look so easy.  It's not!! This is what created rule #2!!


8 comments:

  1. lmao @ rule #3...you are tooooooooo funny! I love your journal page and your LO, both are just lovely. I think pink is now your color!! Now go paint a tree, lol waving hi from the melting hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of pink, but I like it. It makes me feel pretty. We don't get to do a lot of pink with all the boys in the family. Your art journal is very nice too. It would make a nice design for a valentine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both the layout and the art journaling page. Yep - you can always cover things up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING!!!!! I LOVE this soooo much!!!! Such a wonderful job with this challenge!!!
    Thanks for joining our very first kit challenge at Frosted Designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Marlene!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout! Those hearts are so cool! And I love your flower cluster! Thanks for joining at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Marlene, love how you used the kit! Thanks for joining the kit challenge at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete